This building on Rockley Road was constructed in the early 1920’s by William Hatfield and housed a club known as Hattie-Janes. In the 1930’s and early 1940’s the property was leased and operated as the Cliff Tavern. In the late 1940’s, the building and its 6 acres were purchased from the Hatfield estate and became the short-lived Cheat Lake Supper Club (with the Red Man Club Casino in its basement). In 1953 the property was bought at auction by the Donley and Hatfield estates. One month later it was sold to the Spiritual Life Council Congregation and was converted into a tabernacle. In 1984 the building was purchased by (and continues to be the home of) the Beth Haven Baptist Church.
From the Beth Haven Baptist Facebook page