Notes from 3.18.21 Meeting
- The City’s Special Event permit process has been reworked and will be presented to City Council soon.
- Vincent is booking HRM Park for several events. Rental info is now available on City website. He is actively seeking food trucks and looking at how to generate traffic at the Park with events centered around food trucks.
- The City’s application to fund part of the kayak/bike rental facility moved to the national level but has not yet been approved or rejected. Emily is going to investigate the idea of seeking people to provide boats for rent before the facility is actually built.
- The City is working on signage for kayak storage at Walnut Street Landing as well as “No Wake Zone” signs in the river.
- Jessica and Drew are meeting with Rich Edwards with WVU’s Outdoor Economic Development Cooperative at Mountaineer Heritage Park to discuss the details of the bike components in the design and funding. Russ Rogerson is also planning to meet with Phil Weaser to introduce the concept of the pedestrian bridge.
- Jessica presented to the Neighborhood Coordinating Council last week about Task Force goals and progress and is on the schedule to present to the MAP Board next month.
- Vincent is putting together a plan for public art along the riverfront, similar to the Mainstreet Morgantown mural plan. He thinks it will help as he seeks funding. He has been in touch with Bailey Gillespie for help turning that into a conceptual.
- UMRA is opening Opikiske lock and dam for fishing tournaments coming out of Fairmont. Jenny asked that those dates be included on the City calendar so people will know about them.